My screen/username is zanyteenager, but, truthfully, I am probably not the most zany teenager out there but I needed something unique. I am not like most teenagers. I could have gone with names like: hockeyfangirl, hockeyfanteenager, musiclovingteenager, or NSYNClover, etc. Though I felt if I chose any of those, that I would be pigeonholed and I didn’t want that. I am more than just those. Plus, I didn’t want to be chronicpaingirl or chronicpainteenager. Who would want that? It is a depressing name. Instead, I am Susannah Hotovec, a fun loving, NSYNC/ 90’s boy bands/country music fan and also a diehard hockey fan.
Normal is not me. Normal will never be me probably. Heck, I don’t even like normal all that much.
P.S. I really, really hate when a blog idea comes to you at 1:30 am…..Did I mention how much I hate that?
The best music was that of the 1990’s boy bands: Nsync, Backstreet Boys, and 98 Degrees.
Why, might you ask?
- Their vocal harmonies were crisp, and at times hard to pick out certain voices.
- Some of them head excellent dance moves, that become well-known around their fanbase. Their dance moves were easy to get, but, with the level of accuracy with the lyrics, they had to be measured perfectly. Plus, the guys looked good while doing them.
- Their lyrics were not about sex, drugs, clubs, and drinking. They were about money, finding the perfect girl and marrying her. One of the songs even gave thanks to the band’s moms! Try to find that these days, impossible.
- They don’t run up on stage to take someone’s moment (Kanye West). They don’t punch their girlfriends (Chris Brown).
- They were cute and at the same time, wholesome. Teenage girls loved them, as did their moms. It was a win-win.
A lot of these are heard to find these days, they should not be. I find it terrible that teens listen to what they listen to.
The song of the day is by Carrie Underwood, “Jesus, take the wheel“. It’s one of my favorite songs by her, because, it’s remindful that we need others (and God) and that we can’t do everything all by ourselves, no matter how much we may want to. It’s impossible.
The most popular teenager on the entire planet
I don’t know about you, but, I can only dream of one day having $40,000. Since I can only dream of one day holding that much money, it just boggles my mind of why someone would pay that much money for a lock of someone’s hair, even if that person is Justin Bieber. Here’s a list of things that I would more or less do if I had that much money:
- Go to Canada, for the Hockey fan in me
- Go to my first (and second, third, fourth……hundredth) NHL game
- Buy the full season tickets for ice level at the Portland Winterhawks
- Take a trip across the U.S. and the world
- Go to see the Backstreet Boys
One of the coolest places, for reasons other than Justin Bieber (hard to imagaine, I know)
All of this probably equals more than $40,000. As you can see, I wouldn’t just waste the money on a lock of someone’s hair, even if they are as famous as Justin Bieber. It just isn’t worth it, at least, for me.
WARNING: To Bieber fans, an advanced warning, this post will not be your favorite. Please keep your hating me to a minimum and I will not bash him (well, not a lot, anyway 🙂 )
Watching the Espy’s, as I am a sports fan, I could not figure out why Justin Bieber got as much airtime as per say, the Stanley Cup winning team, the Boston Bruins. Justin’s demographic, is girls that are my age and younger, not the average sport fans.
I do not get why people like him. Why? Is it because he’s ‘cute’? (In my opinion, he’s not.) Does he have a great voice? (In my opinion, well…let’s not go there.) Is he funny? (I disagree, but, then again, I’ve only seen him at the Espy’s.)
In the songwriting perspective, the word choice is good, in some of his songs.
Please explain why people like him. If I (somehow) get converted into having Bieber fever, I will take back everything I just said.
P.S. The type of music that I like is: Backstreet Boys \”Helpless When She Smiles\”